Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Did I Blow It? (OT) Updated

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ***UPDATE***

    I got an email today (almost a week later) and they wanted to double check my salary expectations! I guess I'm still in the running... unless of course I'm too expensive. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Thanks for all your support!

    Hugs -- Chai
    ***************************

    *sigh*

    Here I sit... after days of perfecting a cover letter for a dream job... fretting over every word, checking and double checking for typos and mistakes... and what do I do....?

    I e-mail the application with an error in the subject line... [img]confused.gif[/img]

    How did I manage that?

    I cut and pasted the position title from the job posting and missed the last letter...

    Would you hire me if I sent an e-mail applying for the position of... Public Relations and Events Office...

    I wish I could send the "R" as a follow up... *sigh*

    If you were they... would you throw my application away?

    AHHHHHHHH!

    I'm sorry for rambling... I'm just kicking myself here... hoping I didn't ruin my chances of getting this job....

    The universe works in mysterious ways... ah well... maybe I wasn't meant to have that job....

    Thanks for reading... if you've made it this far... you're a [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

    Hugs -- Chai

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ April 07, 2003 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Chai ]</font>

  2. #2
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    Well, if they DON'T hire you just because you made a piffling little typo, then they're not worth working for in the first place! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    *hopes that they don't notice it*

    [img]graemlins/hug.gif[/img] 's you

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well hopefully they wont notice the tiny little error you made..

    It really all depends how pedantic they are with these things.. many would toss it and others wouldnt.. but if they do as Terry stated it would be job from hell anyways

    Kat

  4. #4
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Awwwww Chai, fret not. I am sure they won't notice a little thing like that. They'll be more interested in your application and cv to hopefully worry about that!

    Good luck with the job hun [img]smile.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/hug.gif[/img] 's you

    Janie xx

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Ladies! You've made me feel better. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    You're right... I wouldn't want to work for people so picky... but I still can't believe I did that! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Hugs -- Chai

  6. #6
    Inactive Member hippo girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2002
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I very much doubt that they will notice chai. If they dont pick you because of one mistake then they arent worth working for. Everyone makes mistakes, even the best of us

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hippo girl:
    I very much doubt that they will notice chai. If they dont pick you because of one mistake then they arent worth working for. Everyone makes mistakes, even the best of us

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Exactly Hannah [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •